Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Post #6: Band Poster



This week I chose to post an imageof a poster for the band "Not Applicable". The function of the piece serves a promotional purpose but also as a reminder of the event (date and location). I found the image while doing some research for a local band here in Michigan. The style of the design is very clean and bright. They use very bright solid strips of color on a white background, with a very "art nouveau" sort of design running through the center (wandering vine-like lines). The typography is a clean sans-serif font, just straight to the point. The quality of the work is rather good. For some reason I envision a college age student creating this, not really sure just a gut instinct. I was first attracted to the piece because it just automatically caught my attention and I just couldn't help but feel good looking at it. The warm colors really give it a warm and fresh appearance. The one aspect that I might have to do something about is the typography along the bottom. Since its running over different colored strips and even white it really loses its presense in the piece.

No comments: